Tofu is a perfect beauty diet as it’s got heaps of nutritious values with a modest amount of calories. Some people go on a tofu diet, but I don’t know whether it works or not.
As for tofu dishes, there are so many of them. You can eat it as hiyayakko (eating cold as it is with soy sauce and some relishes), put it in your miso soup and even cook it as a main dish. You’ll never get sick of it!
➡ Ingredients (for four people)
- One block of tofu
- A stalk of spring onion
- 3-4 centimetres of daikon
- Some wakegi green onions
- Some soy sauce
- A little bit of oil and potato starch
- Cut the tofu into 6 even pieces and drain them well.
- Finely julienne the spring onions and soak them in the water.
- Grate the daikon and drain the water roughly. Add some soy sauce to it and mix.
- Roll the tofu in potato starch. With a little bit of oil in the frying pan, fry all the tofu surfaces until golden brown.
- Transfer the dish to a plate, pour 5 on and decorate it with the drained spring onions and wakegi green onions.
- You can use either kinugoshi tofu (softer tofu) or momen tofu (firmer tofu).
- You can use flour instead of potato starch.
- You can use ponzu or mentsuyu (noodle soup base) instead of soy sauce.
😐 I’ve tried it! By the editorial staff
- We’d say tofu steak is a common dish for people who are on a diet. If you eat it with a strong steak sauce, you’ll be able to enjoy a real steak like taste.
Print This Post